Sunday, May 29, 2011

Have a Splendid Day

Here is a card that I made for my Uncle.  I wanted to do something in primary colors since it always seems like I am using pink!

The pattern for this card is from the Wishes Card Confidence program (Top Band).  I scraplifted the design out the Spring/Summer 2011 CTMH catalog.  I thought that it was such a cute card that I just had to make it.

I used the Fanfare paper pack for the Background & Texture Paper.  I used Pacifica and Sunny Yellow cardstock.  I used my scallop edge punch from Stampin' Up to make the border under the red B&T paper. 

For the airplane I used the Splendid Day stamp set D1462.  I stamped the airplane 2 times.  Once on Pacifica CS with Pacifica Ink to make the plane darker.  Then again in Cranberry Ink on White Daisy CS.  I cut out the propeller, nose, wheels, tail fin, the wing and the cockpit and paper pieced them onto the Pacifica CS plane.  I stamped the banner on white daisy CS in Pacifica and Cranberry.  I used 3-d foam tape to raise the plane and the banner off the card.

I used some buttons that I had laying around and used some embroidery thread to tie in the middle.



Enjoy!

No comments: