Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Blessed

Welcome to the April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  We will be featuring the Blessed Stamp set.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with this stamp set when I first pulled it out but I ended up absolutely loving it!  You could use it for a wedding, anniversary, possibly a baptism, First Communion.


So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, relax and enjoy all the artwork from over 50 Close to my Heart Consultants showcasing what you can do with this stamp set.

If you have come here from Nancy's Blog then you are on the right path!  If not that is ok, this Blog Hop makes a full circle.

I made two cards with this stamp set.  They have the same paper but one card is using the front of the Bliss Paper and the other card uses the back of the Bliss paper.  This first card is using the backside of the paper pack.

Here is a close up of the bird:


Here are the materials and how I made this card:
I used the Originals Cubes and Colors pattern on pg. 11
I used the Bliss paper pack and used the backside of the grey scrolls
Bamboo Cardstock for card base.  I also used Grey Flannel and Chocolate Cardstock on the card.
I used Chocolate ink which I used to stamp the outer portion of the bird and I used a sponge dauber to distress the chocolate cardstock piece and around the outside of the Bliss background & textured paper.
I used Grey Flannel ink to stamp the inside portion of the bird itself and I used my Blending pen to grab some ink from the pad to color the bird to give it a softer look.  I used the Grey Flannel ink to distress the grey flannel cardstock.
For the outer portion of the bird I used a Clear detail embossing powder to help bring the color to the top.
For the looped border pieces I used CTMH's Color Ready Kraft Borders.  I used my sponge daubers and inked them in chocolate and used Bamboo Cardstock under them to give them a finished look.
I also used Antique copper brads and I used 3d Foam tape to raise the bird off the card.

Here is the 2nd card that I made using this stamp set.



I made this card with all the same materials as the first card.

If you love this stamp set, click here to visit my website or talk to your Close to my Heart Consultant today!
This stamp set is only around until April 30th!

Now please hop on over to Carol's Blog where you will find more artwork using this stamp set and to continue on your journey for the Blog Hop.

If a link is broken or if you get lost, visit Kathleen's or Helen's blog for a complete list.

Happy Hoppin'!


7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Kami, These are super DARLING!!

Nancy said...

Very Pretty cards Kami!!!

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

Love them!

Traci Pasqualone said...

Love the combination and all the great techniques you used, especially the Kraft borders.

Vickie Tagatz said...

Great card!!!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Very nice cards!

Haley D. said...

So elegant!