Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Invites

My daughters 6th birthday is coming and since its a rainy day outside I thought that I would work on ideas for her invites. Here are a couple that I did using the Key to My Heart Papers and a couple of the stamp of the months that are in the new catalog that starts in May. This first card I used Tulip, Sorbet and Juniper cardstock and inks. I used some Sorbet stitched ribbon. This card I paper pieced the May "Be Yourself" girl. I stamped her in Brown Bag ink and then stamped her again in Tulip. I then cut out her dress and shoes and glued them on. I used 3d foam squares to pop her up off the card. The tag with the "Party" circle pulls out. I will put all the party information on that.

Here is a close-up of the Paper pieced lady.

This 2nd card I made is basically the same except there is a birthday cake instead. I used Juniper, Tulip, Sorbet and Creme Brulee' inks. The cake is 3d foam squared so it pops up.

I would love to use the girl for her birthday invite but I think that it would take me too long to make 14 of these because of the paper piecing. What do you think?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wow... good job!!
You did great hon!!

If you want help, I can be there in a jiffy...
:-)
T